Our speakers, who all possess extensive “real world” experience, have taught and facilitated in the academic (university), military, State & Federal government and private sectors.
The team possesses years of experience in guiding senior leaders in the social services arena as well as the Federal government and military. Judge Kathleen Kearney (former Florida DCF Secretary) is recognized nationally for her leadership efforts in guiding the development of child welfare and mental health programs at the state level. Colonels Cohen, Niewenhous and Grant have instructed senior military leaders in their roles during the conduct of deliberate and crisis action planning. In addition, Niewenhous has led large IT organizations in support of social services and the military. Dr. Pete Marghella teaches at the university level and has advised national leaders on disaster preparedness and response including COVID.
Speakers and Topics
- Foundations of Leadership
- CEO's leadership responsibilities
- Planning continuum
- Planning model overview
- Understanding organizational culture and its impact when implementing a behavioral health program
- Lessons Learned from a Behavioral Health Systems of Care Implementation
- Planning for Successful Performance-Based/Value-Based Contracting
- Lessons Learned from Implementing Performance Based Contracting
- Leaders: Born or Made?
- “Leading would be easy if it weren’t for people”
- Leader and Manager: What’s the Difference?
- Managing Complex, Large Scale Software Development Projects: Lessons Learned
- Obtaining & Maintaining Funding
- Leading or Bleeding Edge IT?
- In-House or Outsource?
- Dealing with Contractors
- Managing User Expectations
- Change requests: A Developer’s Nightmare
- The Foundations of Moral Obligation: Building Ethical Leadership
- It’s Always 9-11: Managing Catastrophic Disasters
- Building Towards Resilience: Enhancing Community-based Preparedness
- Health Service Support Considerations in Large-scale Disasters
- “PANFLU” The Once and Future Threat